Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Final Blog

1) What kind of mind are you?
I am an ethical mind. In most of my blogs I stated how my opinion would affect the society. I gave details on what the world needs to do in order to promote the support of the World Cup. Exploring the ideals of the American society, I connected the ideals behind the World Cup and soccer in general to make it seem more appealing. I showed how everyone can benefit from a greater supporting of the World Cup

2) Part 2
In my blog I looked through the view points of others. I had to think the way other countries do about soccer in order to understand how our country can better support it. By comparing American ideals to the ideals of other nations, I was able to better understand and back up my opinion.
I did not exhibit respect for other viewpoints. I argued against the typical viewpoint of soccer in America. I felt the treating the opinion of soccer being an inferior sport with respect would hurt my argument against it. To stay away from this I treated the typical American opinion of soccer as an inferior one.
I read with awareness of self and others when responding to comments on my blog. After reading Matt's comment of wanting to see fans in the U.S. act the same way as those in other countries, I added some posts about where that passion came from. I created a post about the history of the World Cup in order to show how big of an event it really is hoping it would affect at least a couple of people's view of the sport.

3) What did I learn?
I learned that my opinion can be stronger than I thought. After seaking aloud through my blog and hearing comments, I feel that my opinion of soccer is now more passionate. My beliefs are now strengthened with facts I did not know before. Upon learning more about my argument, my opinion of it became more pinpoint. I now know how to back up my opinion and can share that opinion with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment